UK Support for Human Rights DefendersResources
- Type of Resource
- Foreign and Commonwealth department of the Government of the United Kingdom
- Type of Publisher
- Subject of resource
- Protection & security for HRDs
The Government of the United Kingdom has enacted a document that defines its commitment to the support of W/HRDs in third countries, where diplomatic missions of the United Kingdom are in place.
Supporting measures for W/HRDs include the following:
- Trial observation and prison visit,
- Advocacy ( raising individual cases with Government and UK company, when involved, issuing public statements).
- Financial support to local CSOs and NGOs,
- Maintaining regular contacts with W/HRDs and providing them visibility,
- Put W/HRDs in contact with NGOs able to provide emergency assistance.
Link to the guidelines: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/819299/UK-Support-for-Human-Rights-Defenders.pdf